Twin mattresses are also known as ‘singles‘ and are the ideal choice for children bedrooms and for multi user guest rooms. Their narrow width fits most small rooms.
A variation of the mattress is the Twin XL mattress which is 5 inches longer than the standard twin size but has the same width . They are commonly used in college dormitories and hostels to accommodate tall teens and are often used in bunk beds also.
- Standard twin: 39 (width) x 75 (length)
- Twin Xl: 39 (width) x 80 (length)
Width Per Person: 39 inches
Twin Mattress Pros:
- The narrow width of a twin mattress makes it ideal to move around.
- Many people join 2 twin mattresses instead of buying a king mattress. A advantage of this technique is that it increases the life of the mattress. Constantly sitting on the edges of the mattress can make it sag over a period of time. By using a twin mattress the edges facing outside the bed can be rotated for uniform sagging.
Twin Mattress Cons:
- Large built people could find the twin mattress size a bit small even for single sleeping.
- Finding the right bedding size for a twin Xl could be a bit of a problem . Since this size is not very common bedding may not be available in all required patterns.
Approximate Prices: Twin mattress have the lowest cost among mattresses. Online prices range from $400 to about $ 1900.The prices of Twin Xl are slightly more .